Board :Tales of the People
Author :Archon Iyagi
Subject :"Monsters in the Keep" by STEE
Date :7/15
 Not many people know about the monsters in the keep/dungeon in the palace.. It's a little odd for me, seven unidentified species of monsters being kept just under the treasury room.

Well today is just another normal day for me. I've been guarding this keep for almost a year now. Same routine everyday. Make sure they are inside, which the Shamans did a great job with their spells, leave me with a long 8 hours of watching them and feeding them.

My days weren't always not productive. I succeeded in giving them a nickname each which my fellow comrades found funny and use it until now.

The big fat blue creatures which always smoking a pipe, I call it "Smokey Endlessly". The red head "goblin" with scary face and his big pot, I call it "Forever Boiling".  This evil warrior with white armor wielding big sword, I call it "Sharpy". The flying blue demon with cape, "Glowy".

My favorite, the blue six-hands creature, is called "Handfull". The white tiger which always smoking pipe too, looks like Baekho, call it "Smokey Endlessly 2". The last one, the giant soldier-like blue uniform, I call him "The General".

The least I can do to cheer my day is give them nicknames. Yes, my job is boring.

That until...

This young guy, claiming to come from a distant kingdom in the south came to me. He said that he's a researcher and tries to find more facts about these creatures. He came with full documents, signed by my superior.

I checked all the documents, since it looks valid, I let him go inside. He spent a lot of time there. I saw him checking each creature so carefully. Everything seems normal. Fill with another boredom, I get out to get some water, to see more light.

That's when I heard my comrades shouting "TO THE WEST GATE!", they were all running outside the palace going to the west gate. I asked one of them about what's happening, he said "Demons! Demons attacking the west gate!".

I was surprised by what he said. I'm almost ready to go to the west gate too, but then I remembered that the young boy was still in the keep. I ran back, want to tell him that there's dangerous happening. That's when I saw..

"Handfull" is not there!. The floating rock where keeps them is broken to pieces. I ran there and found the young boy lay down on the ground, I try to wake him but he's not responding.

I ran outside to find any help, but the others kept going to the west gate. The situation is too hectic. I decided to go to the west gate too.

On the west gate, there's where I found "Handfull" is trying to attack the people but the shamans using their spells try to make it can't move. My comrades are there, try to keep the demons away from the community. Many of my comrades are fallen.

I can see the shamans are about to lose their spells, "Handfull" is way too strong for them in the outside. Then I saw a big spear stab "Handfull" in the chest, it didn't killed it, but enough to make the shamans have full control of it.

I saw my superior and I went to him. "Sir, sorry this is my fault, it is my job to keep them in the keep". "You're lucky there's not too much damage he did, we're just in time to face it." he told me.

"Also sir, I found the young researcher not moving in the keep."

"What researcher?"

It's like a slap in the face.. Found out that he had no idea about the researcher made me think if I made a big mistake. Did I make all this mess?

I grab my horse and go back to the palace as fast as I can. I ran through the throne room, the treasury, down to the keep. I ran to where I saw the research lay..

And he's not there..

All left is a small note, written on it..

"This is just the beginning.."

-STEE-